Queens Rally Proves to be a Tough One
This report first appeared in Motorweek dated 14 February, 1970.
Last Thursday night (8th February) Queen’s University Motor Club ran a closed permit rally round various parts of County Down.
The route was a very good one, and it had even the most experienced crews scratching their heads at one time or another.
Unfortunately, at the time of going to press, we still don’t know the results, so we will have to leave that until next week. (See below). In the meantime, enjoy the pictures!
1970 QUB Rally Results from Motorweek 21 Feb 1970
Last week we promised to publish the results of the Queens University Motor Club closed rally held on Thursday, February 17, so ever true to our word, here they are:
- C. Wilcox/K. Atkinson (Triumph, GT6), 10.7 marks;
- P Little/J Beatty (Cooper S), 16.3 marks;
- B. Mitchell/Fisher (Sprite), 18.7 marks;
- R. White/L. White (Escort GT), 19.0 marks;
- B. McCann/P. Rutledge (MG Midget), 57.7 marks;
- J. Donnelly/B. McLaughlin (Escort TC), 152.9 marks.
- J. Wright/R. Heslip (Cooper), 31 marks;
- D. Nutt/R. Bruce (Hornet), 104 marks;
- I. Graham/Miss I. Breen (Midget|), 167 marks;
- M. McKimm/A. Hunter (Mini), 169 marks;
- A. Cooke/R. Veitch (Mini), 179 marks;
- J. Brown/L. Bracken (Cooper), 197 marks;
- D. Murell/H. Bell (Herald), 235 marks;
- W. Holland/C. Watson (Mini), 285 marks.
These were the only finishers although 21 cars started the event.